Re: Libnm async functions and GMainLoop

On Wed, 2016-03-16 at 16:03 -0700, Aaron Zinghini wrote:
When using async functions such as
"nm_client_activate_connection_async" I am not getting the supplied
callback being called. Do I need to have a GMainLoop setup for this?
Why isn't there a synchronous version of these functions?

Thanks

Hi,

you are using libnm, right? No, there is no synchronous version.
Not sure why, probably it is just a missing feature.

Yes, you always need a proper GMainLoop running. After all, libnm is a
glib library, and that is a requirement.

It should be too complicated, have a look at:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/tree/examples/C/glib/add-connection-libnm.c?id=e2040e5ebeae8e50e3f3b5a0e724fc9211866972

Thomas