Re: NetworkManager dispatchers

On Mon, 2016-02-29 at 17:40 -0800, Ali Nematollahi wrote:
Thanks! I've looked at nmcli radio but there is no good documentation
could find for the version I am using. All of the documentation is
for
newer version and don't apply.

Yeah, you say later you're using NM 0.9.4, which is extremely old (23-
Mar-2012) and I'm not surprised some stuff would be different...

First of all, when I do:

nmcli nm wwan
WWAN
disabled

Then I do:
 nmcli nm wwan on
nmcli nm wwan
WWAN
disabled

nmcli nm status
RUNNING         STATE           WIFI-HARDWARE   WIFI       WWAN-
HARDWARE
WWAN
running         connected       enabled         enabled    enabled
disabled

What's in /var/lib/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.state ?

Can you turn on NM log debugging (might be an nmcli command for that)
and see what NM prints out when you do "nmcli nm wwan on"?

Dan

I was reading on google somewhere that I need a config file
in: /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/
so I put one in:

cat /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/radio
[connection]
id=MyWwanConnection
type=gsm

[ipv4]
method=auto

[gsm]
number=*99#
apn=mnet.bell.ca.ioe

restarted NM, did the same thing, no difference.

Any documentation for 0.9.4.0 that I can use to figure this out? Can
someone help me with setting up the radio connections? I'm having no
luck.

Thanks

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 2:22 PM, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>