From: Beniamino Galvani <bgalvani redhat com>
Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2016 12:34 PM
To: Alexander Pisarev
Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Wait for DHCP client on interface activation

On Sat, Jun 18, 2016 at 08:11:27AM +0000, Alexander Pisarev wrote:
> The first connection is fine. But my case is in second connection.
> I call this command:
>
> # date && nmcli c up prl_nettool-nm-eth0 && ip a && date

Hi,

now it is clear, thanks; it looks like a bug and probably the one
fixed by commit [1] in more recent versions of NM.

A workaround would be to set the ipv6.method to 'ignore' so that ipv6
doesn't make the activation succeed. Can you try that?

'ignore' means that NM doesn't touch the IPv6 configuration done by
kernel, which I guess should be fine for you if you previously had
'link-local'.

Beniamino

[1] https://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/commit/?id=7d1709d7f6495b242943bd1ef7397dc75b15c055