Re: problems with updating ipv4 settings over dbus

"address-data" was introduced by
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/commit/?id=d16905df633ceea08c93b6e982f660627d06ff34
and is in 1.0.0 release (or newer).

I certainly would expect that what you did works. I don't know why it
wouldn't.

So, what does this
"DBusException: org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Settings.Connection.MissingProperty: ipv4.addresses: this property cannot be empty for 'method=manual'"
 mean?
Does it mean that "you must have it always" or does it mean that "you don't need it, but it can't be empty if you have it". Because, now I am not now quite sure did I deleted it from settings.
One of the problem might come from the fact that my original code used python-networkmanager methods for getting properties. Python-NM does not support "address-data". Those lines that I executed manually accessed dbus directly and that gave that error message printed above.
Code that used python-NM for getting properties gave strange signature error that was impossible to say where it come from, but when I deleted "address-data" property it vanished.