Re: a review on "nm_device_get_state called from 2 different applications for the same device does not report that same status"

On Mon, 2016-08-22 at 11:16 +0430, Aarian P. Aleahmad wrote:
No I don't
Plus, my application is just using some of nm features and it's not a
"GLib application" (or whatever it is called). Thus I have no idea,
how to have my own main function and have the glib's main at the same
time, unless using pthreads and asking one thread to run MY main and
the other to run glib's main.

Hi,

when using libnm, you need to integrate the glib main loop into your
application,
see for example: https://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/glib-The-Main-Event-Loop.html#id-1.4.2.6.10

alternatively, don't use libnm but directly access the D-Bus API. libnm
is nothing but a wrapper around the D-Bus API. See the examples in
NetworkManager's source tree and the documentation:
https://developer.gnome.org/NetworkManager/unstable/spec.html

Thomas

On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 3:34 PM, Thomas Haller <thaller redhat com>