Re: a review on "nm_device_get_state called from 2 different applications for the same device does not report that same status"

On Sun, 2016-08-21 at 11:57 +0430, Aarian P. Aleahmad wrote:
Hi everyone

On 19 Feb 2013, an issue was reported on "nm_device_get_state"
function by David Feeney here, and was answered by Dan Williams here.
Unfortunately I'm having the same issue here too, and the topic
couldn't help me. I would thank you if you help me to know about
possible solutions.

Hi,

Dan suggested that the original issue was that the reporter didn't use
a glib mainloop.
The mainloop is a mechanism where the main thread processes events.
libnm depends on that.

Do you have a glib mainloop properly setup?

See for example
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/tree/examples/C/glib/list-connections-libnm.c?id=805925f9efbc910975104bebe1050f0c663b61f7

Thomas