Re: Crash in Modem-Manager on Ubuntu

On 13/08/16 03:24, Ajay Garg wrote:
First of all, my requirement is to have network-connectivity via the
modem; and have the ability to read SMSes and run AT-commands WITHOUT
losing the network-connectivity.

I guess mmcli would do the trick, as modem-manager now comes plugged
in with qmi-daemon, while serializes all requests being sent to the
modem-serial-port (thereby having just one process have access to the
serial-port).

So, assuming (please correct me if I am wrong) that I am correct with
my above hypotheses, will the above architecture work for a modem in
DirectIP-mode (I guess not, but please confirm/reject).

If you're running in Direct IP mode, ModemManager will use AT commands
over a serial port AND a WWAN network interface for data. You will be
able to do SMS messaging and network connectivity at the same time, as
the serial port isn't used for connection.

If you're running in QMI mode, you will also be able to do SMS messaging
and connectivity at the same time. Connection will go through the WWAN
network interface, and the SMS messaging commands via QMI and the
/dev/cdc-wdm port (not a TTY).

--
Aleksander
https://aleksander.es