Re: Crash in Modem-Manager on Ubuntu

Thanks Aleksander... that's a relief :)

Now before I start posting detailed-logs of problems, I have some last queries.

First of all, my requirement is to have network-connectivity via the
modem; and have the ability to read SMSes and run AT-commands WITHOUT
losing the network-connectivity.

I guess mmcli would do the trick, as modem-manager now comes plugged
in with qmi-daemon, while serializes all requests being sent to the
modem-serial-port (thereby having just one process have access to the
serial-port).

So, assuming (please correct me if I am wrong) that I am correct with
my above hypotheses, will the above architecture work for a modem in
DirectIP-mode (I guess not, but please confirm/reject).

Once again, thanks a ton Aleksander, you have been really quick with
your replies, which is helping me a great deal in understanding how
different pieces fit-in.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay

On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 2:55 AM, Aleksander Morgado