Re: Crash in Modem-Manager on Ubuntu

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 7:32 AM, Ajay Garg <ajaygargnsit gmail com> wrote:
I tried on Ubuntu-14 on Linux-Kernel-3.16 and Linux-Kernel-4.2, and
behaviour is same.

The modemmanager version is 1.0.0-2ubuntu1.1 on both.
I tried "apt-get install", but I am told it is the latest-version available.

That is a very very very old ModemManager version...

For Ubuntu Trusty, you may want to try with this PPA, which has a much
more recent version:
https://launchpad.net/~aleksander-m/+archive/ubuntu/modemmanager-trusty

If you still get the segfault, please try to gather MM debug logs:
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/ModemManager/Debugging/

Or better, install debug symbols and get a proper gdb backtrace.

Also, note there is a ModemManager specific mailing list, here: