Re: Proxy detection for IPv6 vs. Legacy IP

Hi Bjørn ,

Thanks for pointing that out . I found myself caught in the IP4v6 thing . :)
Sure there is no predefined option for WPAD in DHCP6 . Also to note
that option 252 wasn't
predefined for the WPAD use too . It was an ITEF draft (1999) that
came in and proposed that
option 252 on *DHCP* server should be configured with WPAD url . There
was no 4v6 thing that time .
Maybe in future when "6" thing expands an option for WPAD can be
proposed on it too .
Though we can't predict that option code now .
So we are requesting URL to DHCP4 . :)

For the WPAD via DNS , we too are concerned for its security issue .
There was a plan to restrict the domain increment to 3 (
conventionally ) but for orgs using domain level less than 3
WPAD via DNS will cross the organisational boundary .
We'll propose something *agreed* thing for this case .

Atul