Re: Proxy detection for IPv6 vs. Legacy IP

<dcbw> my vote would be just adding a new object (ProxyConfig) to keep
proxy-related information
<dcbw> so just go for object, and then we can all argue about whether
it should be object/interface/etc later :)

I think the first issue for naming  *object* has been solved . We'll
implement a simple ( internal) object [NMProxyConfig] which is to be
exported over other places to collect proxy details . I think there is
no need to expose run time config like PAC URL because it is of no use
until clients interact to a Proxy handler like PacRunner ( and NM
can't provide list of proxy servers (except for the manual case)  so
exposing or not shouldn't be a point of worry  ) .

For the next issue of DHCP4v6 ( David Sir said above) ..isn't there
any other place in NM or anywhere where we obtain multiple things
..what we do? Try first then second and so on ...in a priority order
ofcourse .

So the mechanism should be like obtain pac_url from DHCP4 first ( for
the obvious reasons )
if NM hasn't recieved go for pac_url from DHCP6 . Whatever NM recieve
first should be pushed into PacRunner . DHCP servers must have been
configured for use ...so using one should not abuse the other . :)
And there is no doubt over DHCP[4,6] vs WPAD via DNS .The other one
has a security loophole.
Implementing WPAD via DNS is not our priority now , it comes later
when we have a working proxy mechanism atleast ...though manual
overrides via GUI comes earlier . :)
Correct me if i'm going wrong somewhere .

Atul