How to activate MAC address randomization?

Hi,

I just installed NetworkManager 1.2 in fedora 23 in the hopes that I can get mac randomization working. Only problem is there's no sign of a setting for this in nmcli or the applet. I found a reference to a setting on the NetworkManager.conf manpage which states:

       wifi.mac-address-randomization
           If left unspecified, MAC address randomization is disabled.

But its not clear what range of values should be specified here. The nm-settings manpage suggests this is a valid way to turn on randomization:

[connection]
wifi.mac-address-randomization=2

...in /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf

However, it has no effect. I'm not sure what I'm missing here.

Regards,
Chris