Re: Maintaining connection

On Thu, 2015-03-12 at 09:04 -0500, Alex Ferm wrote:
We use cellular modems for telemetry, and they disconnect every so
often, and don't come back on-line on their own. I am using dbus via
python to send Enable(False) followed by Enable(True) to reset network
manager. This makes it reconnect to all the automatic connections that
have been configured.

What version of NetworkManager?  I think 0.9.10 or later added WWAN
autoconnect, which should handle this better.  In any case, the Enable()
mechanism is much better than I was thinking you were going to say :)

If you're already using NM 0.9.10 or later and NM isn't attempting to
reconnect, then it would be great to see some logs from the device so we
can figure out what's going on.  One more question: do you mind if the
connection starts automatically when NM starts?  If that's OK, then
autoconnect=true + NM 0.9.10 should do what you want already unless
there's a bug.

Dan

Alex Ferm
PetroPower, LLC.