Re: Why is NM preferring wwan over wifi?

* Thomas Haller

IIRC, dcbw said, the idea is that you connected to wwan intentionally.
wwan might be metered and you would only connect to it if you want to
use it.

That wwan is typically metered is precisely the reason why I'd expect
it to have a lower preference than wifi. :-) But I want to remain
connected to the internet even while outside of wifi coverage, so I use
auto-connect for all available options: wired, wifi, wwan. I'd expect
them to be used in that order of preference, too.

On master you can also drop a configuration snippet:

  [connection.wwan-route-metric]
  match-device=type:wifi
  ipv4.route-metric=400
  ipv6.route-metric=400