Re: dhclient: avoiding hostname disclosure via DHCP request

Dan wrote (2014-01-06):
This turns out to be a bug in the 'ifcfg-rh' config file parsing plugin.
I've fixed it in git upstream, but a temporary workaround would be:

DHCP_HOSTNAME=wont-be-used
DHCP_SEND_HOSTNAME=no

DHCP_SEND_HOSTNAME was only parsed if DHCP_HOSTNAME was also given.

NM version:
NetworkManager-0.9.8.8-2.fc19.x86_64

I tried it in my FC20 VM, there it works fine, I guess I have one more
reason to upgrade then.

The steps that previously worked back in January do not work on a F20
now? (I upgraded from F19 -> F20).

I'm using:
NetworkManager-0.9.9.0-45.git20131003.fc20.x86_64

and added these lines:

DHCP_HOSTNAME=wont-be-used
DHCP_SEND_HOSTNAME=no

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-<SSID>

Did anything change in this regard? How can I prevent hostname
disclosure via DHCP requests nowadays?

thanks!
Robert