Re: No IPv6 default route with dhcpcd.6.4.0-1?

Hi Dan,

Am 27.06.2014 20:40, schrieb Dan Williams:
On Fri, 2014-06-27 at 11:15 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
On Fri, 2014-06-27 at 10:43 +0200, Florian Klink wrote:
Hi,

caused by some package upgrades, (I'm quite sure it is caused by dhcpcd
upgrade from 6.3.2-1 to 6.4.0-1), I don't receive any more ipv6 default
routes from DHCPv6-enabled networks.

It suddenly stopped working in two different networks, while it still
works on other machines, and the dhcpcd upgrade was also during this time.

Arch Linux amd64
kernel 3.15.0
networkmanager 0.9.8.10-3
dhcpcd 6.4.0-1

I still receive an ipv6 address of the network, and can ping machines
inside the network.

Networkmanager log doesn't look really suspicios, I attached it anyways.

I don't see any NAK in the attached systemd journal excerpt, so
something else must cause the default to disappear/not appear at all...

Or do I need to enable some debug flags before?

The IPv6 address gets assigned and stays there. I can ping6 hosts in the
same network without problems.

The default route actually comes from the RA, not DHCPv6.  But check
your logs for a "NAK" coming from dhcpcd.  If you see that, then I'll
bet its the same problem that I've been corresponding with a user over
IRC about.  dhcpcd touches addresses internally, and when it gets a NAK
it actually removes the IP address from the interface, which could cause
the kernel to remove the default route too.  Unfortunately, due to an
issue in NetworkManager, it is never notified of this event, and ignores
the fact that things changed, and thus doesn't restore the default
route.

Let me know if you do see "NAK" in your logs...

If you do, please try the attached patch (for NM 0.9.8.x) and let the
NAK happen again.  If you again lose the default route, then please grab
logs from wherever your syslog daemon facility goes too.  If you're
using systemd, that'll be "journalctl -b -u NetworkManager", otherwise
it's /var/log/syslog, /var/log/messages, /var/log/daemon.log,
or /var/log/NetworkManager.log depending on your distro.

Thanks!