Re: Trouble building NetworkManager

On Thu, 2014-06-26 at 19:28 -0400, Chris Shenkan wrote:
Hey Guys,

Having some trouble with building Network Manager on two different
distros (Ubuntu and Arch).

On Ubuntu, the error seems to be that it can't find the NetworkManager
module in generate-setting-docs.py
I can do from gi.repository import NetworkManager in a python session
from my regular shell, but with the jhbuild shell's python sesison I cannot.

On Arch, it can find the module, however I receive this error instead
(again with generate-setting-docs.py)

gi.repository.NetworkManager object has no attribute 'SettingDcb'
seemingly in response to a __getattr call.

When I drop to shell and run make, I get a similar error:

the step GEN settings-docs.c gives the error:
../../libnm-util/nm-setting-docs.xml:98: parser errror: Premature end of
data in tag nm-setting-docs line 5

Could very easily be my own fault that I'm encountering these errors
although I believe I've done everything correctly.

Thanks for any support you guys can offer.  I would really like to get
NM to build so I can build the modules it depends on and start hacking
at them :)

Hi Chris,

I cannot reproduce this.

What exactly are you doing?
What is your ./configure line?
Does it help, if you ensure a clean git-working directory?
(git-clean -fdx)

Can you show the whole build log of what you try do do?

Thanks,
Thomas