Bluetooth tethering with NM?

Hi,
I am on Ubuntu 13.10 and am trying to enable bluetooth tethering (so
that I can use my phone's internet connection). This is preferrable to
wifi tethering which eats up the battery.

I can easily pair my laptop to my phone using blueman but, contrary to
what tutorials online show, the bluetooth connection doesn't show up
in nm-applet.

My network-manager-gnome package is at version 0.9.8.0-1ubuntu5.1.

blueman is 1.23+update1-2ubuntu1.

I would appreciate any help or pointers.

Thanks!