Software to test MAC address privacy

Greetings from IEEE 802 plenay in San Diego. We are winding down, but Monday night we had a talk on Pervasive Surveillance:

https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/14/ec-14-0043-00-00EC-internet-privacy-tutorial.pdf

I discussed this with the 802 chair and presentation moderator, and we are looking to see if we can actually test the consequences of using random local MAC addresses. The idea is to have an opt-in SSID at future 802 meetings, and perhaps at the IETF as well (same network support company) where only random local MAC addresses are allowed and then to see what problems occur (DHCP, ARP tables, bridging tables, etc.).

So we (those of us that want to figure this out to see if it is worth doing) are looking to the OS providers to help. I have been tasked with reaching to the Linux community as I run Fedora.

The thought is the MAC address is temporarily overwritten with a local MAC random address. This address should be changed with some periodicity. We have not worked out this part yet. Also per Internet Draft:

draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-address-generation-privacy-01.txt

privacy for both global and local scope IPv6 addresses.

So how do I get interest in this effort and get some revised test app for me (and other Linux users) to participate?

thank you