Re: ANN: NetworkManager 1.0.0 released!

On 12/22/2014 10:49 AM, Tore Anderson wrote:
Anyway, I have no strong opinions on where the fallback should be
located and how it should work in detail, but I do think *something* is
needed if you want to avoid lots of bug reports complaining that their
WWAN connection profiles no longer work after upgrading to NM1.0+MM1.4.

Speaking of theoretical cases, couldn't it be a problem if for example the modem and the network both support IPV4V6, and the user expects it, but somehow that connection fails on the first try (could happen due to any temporary reason), and then NM/MM would fall back to for example IPv4-only? So the user would get a "successful" connection, but the one which he expected.

Balázs Pozsár