3g modems that no longer work

Back in F-14 with your help I was able to get the following 3G USB
modems to work:

Alcatel X220D lsusb: T & A Mobile Phones, 1bbb:0017

and

T-Mobile ZTE MF636 lsusb: ONDA Communications Spa, 19d2:0031

Both of these do not seem to work in either F-19 or F-20-Alpha. They
don't seem to be switched into the correct state by usb_modeswitch or
are not in the list of modems that NetworkManager handles.

Is there something I am missing here with the newer releases of Fedora?

Thanks,

Perazim