Re: [MM] Disable SMS or disable use of second AT port

On Fri, 2013-06-14 at 09:07 +0100, Xavier Hervy wrote:
On 13/06/13 19:33, Dan Williams wrote:
On Thu, 2013-06-13 at 16:56 +0100, Xavier Hervy wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way to configure Modem Manager to either not retrieve SMS
automatically or to not use the second AT serial port (i.e just use the
broadband capability) ?
I have a custom board which is already retrieving the SMS independantly
from the computer. This is working fine until Modem Manager use the AT port.
Possibly uninstalling or blacklisting the device is what you want to do
if it's conflicting with your other stuff?

Dan

Hi Dan,
I should have been more precise in my question.
I do use the data connection but I would like Modem Manager to not deal
with the AT port.
lsusb:
Bus 002 Device 068: ID 05c6:9000 Qualcomm, Inc. SIMCom SIM5218 modem

When connected, 5 serial port through USB are created, one of them is
the AT port that I need to keep free.
If I blacklist the device I won't have the data connection any more neither.
I am not very good with udev, is it possible to black list one specific
port only ?
I could use wvdial instead, but network manager is so much cleaner .

Ah.  At the moment blacklisting specific ports isn't possible and
there's no way to have MM only control the data connection but not for
example SMS, because the secondary port is used for status and control
while the main port is used for PPP.  That said, if the modem has more
than two AT-capable ports, MM will only use two of those ports and just
won't open the other ports, so your program could use those after
probing.