Re: [MM/QMI] Unable to select firmware when there is no SIM

Hey hey Ben,

> I encounter an issue with firmware selection on my Novatel Gobi 3000
> (E396) modem. When the UMTS firmware is initially selected and there is
> no SIM card inserted, ModemManager can't fully initialize the modem and
> firmware interface, which prevents me from selecting the CDMA firmware.
>
> Is it possible to continue the initialization of the modem and firmware
> interface when the SIM check fails?

I guess we can allow that, yes. The modem itself would be in 'failed'
state when there is no SIM though; the only thing we have to do is to
let the Firmware interface get initialized even if we're in 'failed' state.

--
Aleksander