Re: Create an Access Point with NetworkManager-0.9.8.0

On Qua, 2013-02-27 at 12:29 +0400, Vlad Orlov wrote:
Hi,

I have the same question. I'm using USB wifi device with Ralink 2571 chipset.
iw list says this:

      Supported interface modes:
               * IBSS
               * managed
               * AP
               * AP/VLAN
               * WDS
               * monitor
               * mesh point
      software interface modes (can always be added):
               * AP/VLAN
               * monitor

I'm using debian testing with network-manager and network-manager-gnome pulled
from experimental repo (both are version 0.9.8.0-1). The "Create New Wifi
Network" menu item in the applet only allows me to choose WEP and doesn't say
anything about WPA.

Maybe it's not yet implemented in the applet? If it's so, can I somehow use a
d-bus interface to network manager itself to create an access point with WPA/WPA2?

Hi, I don't know, (I don't have any wifi that supports AP), but should
work easily with NetworkManager Applet 0.9.7.997 (nm-applet) when you
turn on wifi ,you may create a new wifi connection , after that you can
edit your new connection on "edit connections" -> wifi -> name of wifi
that you create -> edit
you got mode here , which may change from Ad-hoc.

Cheers,
--
Sérgio M. B.