Re: AW: Problems with Sierra MC 8790 with older firmware revision

On a side note, a user just reported an issue with a MC8790V (see the
trailing 'V' there), log attached. In this case, the issue is not about
using the APP1 port for PPP; the issue is that there is no non-APP port
shown, so we don't specify any port being 'primary', and we end up
choosing an incorrect one.

So, with:

ttyUSB3 --> APP1
ttyUSB4 --> APP2
ttyUSB5 --> APP3

We end up getting:

tty/ttyUSB4 primary
tty/ttyUSB3 secondary
tty/ttyUSB4 data

And ttyUSB4 doesn't like being the primary port here. Possibly ttyUSB3
should be the one treated as primary?

Well, after some tests, seems that the exposed APP ports in this device
are like in any other Sierra device, with a limited AT command set, so
we cannot use them as primary port... Now I wonder if lacking a proper
primary AT port is a firmware/device bug or if they really did it on
purpose (e.g. so that only CnS can be used).

--
Aleksander