Re: Not able to connect from CDMA2000 Modem from Network Manager connection

On Fri, 2012-09-28 at 10:16 +0200, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Eshant Gupta <guptaeshant gmail com> writes:
>
> > Can you refer me to any reference for sniffing packet. One more thing, I
> > donno if it is a bug, I have checked connection for auto launch, but it
> > doesn't happen.
>
> There are a couple of pointers to Windows USB sniffing howtos on
> http://www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/#contrib

I typically use SniffUSB or USBSnoopy (both based on the same code) but
that requires Windows XP as neither of those tools work with later
Windows versions. SniffUSB is somewhat preferred because USBSnoopy
crashes a lot when exporting its dumps as XML.  I've also developed some
tools that parse the output and dump it with ASCII translation:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/ModemManager/ModemManager/tree/decode

where decode.py works on SniffUSB log files and can trivially decode
some protocols like QMI and WMC, while analyze.py works on USBSnoopy XML
files if you can actually get them without crashing.