Re: NM bug 684242 and other stuff

On 09/26/2012 04:51 PM, Pavel Simerda wrote:
The proper keyfile configuration is for example:

[connection]
id=Ethernet
uuid=d880f3bb-8c51-4ca4-aef7-1954e022820f
type=802-3-ethernet
[802-3-ethernet]
mac-address=52:54:00:eb:e9:fb
[ipv4]
method=auto
[ipv6]
nmmethod=auto
I believe you have a type for ipv6. For ipv6, it should be the same as for ipv4: method=auto

Or at least this is what i got when it worked correctly: ipvr dhcp address and dns update plus RA for default route ... same as for ifcfg-rh.

One thing I have learned while "playing around". To make sure things are working correctly: On the client, stop NetworkManager, delete the keyfile and lease files. On the server, stop named, dhcpd, and dhcpd6; then delete the dhcpd lease info files, and restart everything. Now, back to the client, start NetworkManager and then enable the network device (usually Auto Ethernet).

When I did not clean up everything and start fresh on both sides, I got unpredictable results.

Gene