Re: 0.9.6.4 and 0.9.7.0

On Wed, 2012-11-28 at 07:47 -0500, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> I am more than a little confused.
>
> There was an announcement on this list that 0.9.6.4 is the latest stable
> version for NM and the applet and these updates are available for Fedora 17.
>
> Fedora 18 has entered beta and includes 0.9.7.0 (git20121004) which can
> be rebuilt for Fedora 17.  I also notice that Fedora has its own git
> repository for NetworkManager.

The Fedora git thing is actually *package* git, which doesn't contain
NetworkManager source files, but really just stores the RPM specfile and
associated configuration for the Fedora distro.  So upstream
NetworkManager (which is distro-agnostic) has all the sources, while
downstream Fedora package git has all the Fedora-specific stuff in it.

Dan