Re: GSM dongle fails to connect

On Thu, 2012-11-08 at 15:49 +0100, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
> There are different ways of detecting which port is to be used for
> control and which for data. In some huawei modems we base the logic on
> the GETPORTMODE result.

I see - it's much more complex than I thought :)

> Just reply with the ModemManager debug log attached, that's ok.

Ok, I attached 2 sets of log captures. The first set consits of only the
file 3g-modem-messages.log.gz. It's the first capture, which I made 10
days ago and it's actually extracted from /var/log/messages - I didn't
redirect the daemons output to any file.

The second set of captures is made a few minutes ago and contains
daemons output redirected to files.

Please let me know if there's any other information or test that would
be helpful for debugging.

Simple crazy idea: maybe the pppd timeout is too low? I noticed it takes
only 5 seconds of LCP timeouts before the connection is aborted.

Would it be helpful if I try to install the old Fedora 16 (the
distribution that used to work with the same 3g modem/sim) on another
system, test it again and make another set of captures if it works?

Thanks,

Radu