Re: NM vlan config documentation ?

On 05/24/2012 08:36 PM, Marc MAURICE wrote:
Hello all,

I would like to use some VLAN configuration with my NM 0.9.4.

However, it seems like the graphical interfaces do not support vlan config yet. So we have to do it in /etc/NetworkManager ?
Yes.

So please prepare a ifcfg file and put it in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/.

Looking around on NM site and wiki, and the list archives, I did not find any Doc about how to configure VLAN connections.

I even tried to look in the source, but I'm not an expert.

Could you provide a sample config for VLAN config ? or I have to do it with dbus with some commands ?
The example of ifcfg-vlan43 is as followed:
(src/settings/plugins/ifcfg-rh/tests/network-scripts/ifcfg-test-vlan-interface)

    VLAN=yes
    TYPE=Vlan
    DEVICE=vlan43  or "DEVICE=eth9.43"
    PHYSDEV=eth9
    REORDER_HDR=1
    VLAN_FLAGS=GVRP,LOOSE_BINDING
    VLAN_INGRESS_PRIORITY_MAP=0:1,2:5
    VLAN_EGRESS_PRIORITY_MAP=12:3,14:7
    ONBOOT=yes
    BOOTPROTO=static
    IPADDR=192.168.43.149
    NETMASK=255.255.255.0

    And we try to make it compitable with the format used by initscripts,
    and there is no need to change anything in ifcfg-eth9.

thanks
Weiping Pan

Thanks in advance,
and for your work on NM!