Re: Problem whit applet network manager 0.8.1

On Sat, 2012-01-21 at 19:13 -0500, fbergeron wrote:
> I have applet network manager 0.8.1 whit my new Dell Vostro 1440
> notebook whit UBUNTU 10.10 install on my notebook. The problem is that I
> cant have a connection faster than 1Mb/s and whit older notebook I have
> 68Mb/s generally. What can I do for that ? I am a reel beginner's whit
> Linux, so be very "step by step" if I have to do something on a
> terminal.

Is this with the WiFi or the wired connection? There are two
possibilities really; (1) 0.8.1 cannot handle reading the bitrate on
higher speed wifi connections (ie, 802.11N bitrates) due to kernel
limitations, but this is fixed in NM 0.9 development builds.  Second is
that the wifi driver has a bug where it either cannot transmit at the
higher bitrates, or it does not report them correctly.