Re: SMS Functions

On Wed, 2012-01-25 at 21:20 +0200, Dr. Amr Osman wrote:
> when sms send/receive will be available to network manager
> till now only partial sms send is functional
> and only support some modems ???

I committed code last week to use PDU mode on modems that don't support
text mode, and I expect to flip all PDU-capable modems to use this code
in the future.  The SMS functionality wont' be available to
*NetworkManager*, but is in ModemManager like the rest of the 3G
functionality.  I'd appreciate testing of the SMS sending code that's
now in ModemManager 0.5.x and git master if you can.

One thing that's not done yet is multi-part messages, something we'll
work on.  Current the code will return an error if it can't pack the
message into a single SMS.