Re: Modemmanager - how to send sms? - receiving is ok

On Wed, 2012-02-08 at 17:39 +0100, Aleksander Morgado wrote:

> >> That CMGS command seems the proper one, so not sure why the ZTE modem
> >> didn't like it. Could you run "AT+CMGS=?" in minicom and send back the
> >> result?
> >>

> > I turned off the mobile internet connection.
> > Here it is:
> >
> > root@antiX1 :~# echo -e "AT+CPIN?\r" > /dev/ttyUSB1
> > root@antiX1 :~# echo -e "AT+CMGS?\r" > /dev/ttyUSB1
> > root@antiX1 :~# echo -e "AT+CMGS=?\r" > /dev/ttyUSB1
> >
> > Results ( tr -s "\n" < /dev/ttyUSB1 ):
> >
> > +CPIN: READY
> >
> > OK
> >
> > ERROR
> >
> > OK
> >
> > ERROR
> >

> Seems to me that the modem doesn't support AT+CMGS-based SMS sending...
> :-/ It's weird, as it did support listing SMSs and such.
>
> Dan, any other idea here?

What encoding are we in?  And it looks like the modem doesn't support
verbose error codes or something?  It does seem odd, but if we can
verify that some other device does allow sending with that exact command
at least we know the command isn't wrong.