Re: Missing SIM PIN dialog after nm update

On Mon, 2011-10-10 at 16:26 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> So what's happening here is that you probably have an Ericsson modem,
> and those don't drop off the bus during suspend/resume, but they do
> reset their state, so ModemManager wakes up and thinks nothing
> happened
> (because MM doesn't listen to suspend/resume signals, and because the
> modem didn't disappear), yet the modem reset its internal state and
> now
> requires a SIM PIN again because it effectively rebooted.

My modem is a HUAWEI E1550 and does reboot and always worked. Just last
update on Fedora seems to break it.
I have to review this because I got other problem on vpn connection to
my office ( but the problem was in the office) and decide downgrade,
with
yum downgrade NetworkManager\*  ModemManager\*
which put NetworkManager on version
NetworkManager-0.8.999-2.git20110509.fc15.x86_64 ( from fedora base)

which don't have this problem.
I have to update again and do a clean reboot to test it and certify that
something happened on last version.

Thanks,
--
Sérgio M. B.