Re: Missing SIM PIN dialog after nm update

On Mon, 2011-10-10 at 16:31 +0100, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> Hi,
> after read this messages I test my modem 3G. And works, after I suspend
> e resume computer and try again, and no "SIM PIN dialog", but I don't
> got modem detected .
> I do
> killall modem-manager
>
> Sfter some seconds modem was detected and   "SIM PIN dialog" was
> appears.

So what's happening here is that you probably have an Ericsson modem,
and those don't drop off the bus during suspend/resume, but they do
reset their state, so ModemManager wakes up and thinks nothing happened
(because MM doesn't listen to suspend/resume signals, and because the
modem didn't disappear), yet the modem reset its internal state and now
requires a SIM PIN again because it effectively rebooted.  So we need to
hook ModemManager into some mechanism (upower? udev?) to listen for wake
events, mark the modem as disabled, and go through PIN check and
reinitialization.

Dan