Re: Connect to ad-hoc network?

On Monday 14 of November 2011 17:54:34 Matej Kovacic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in NetworkManager I see a wireless network, which has an icon of a
> monitor before the name (see attached screenschoot). Is this ad-hoc
> network?

Yeah, that's an Ad-Hoc network.

You can check it via nmcli:
$ nmcli dev wifi
there will be Ad-Hoc in MODE column.

> However, I am not able to connect to it. Is there some trick or something?

Is it your network? Is it open or encrypted? Do you have proper password it?
What distro do you use?
Please grab syslog file with NM logs that will shows us what is happening.
/var/log/messages in Fedora
/var/log/daemon.log in Ubuntu

See also http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/Debugging for debugging
instructions.

> I have Network Manager version 0.9.1.90 (found it in terminal typing
> nmcli -v).
>
> lspci says I have this wireless card:
>
> 02:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n
> Wireless LAN Controller (rev 01)
>
> Regards,
>
> Matej

Jirka