Re: Connect to ad-hoc network?

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 17:54:34 +0100
Matej Kovacic <matej kovacic owca info> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in NetworkManager I see a wireless network, which has an icon of a
> monitor before the name (see attached screenschoot). Is this ad-hoc network?
>
> However, I am not able to connect to it. Is there some trick or something?

The strength meter has a small "lock" icon if its protected.

If it has no lock icon it is open.

> I have Network Manager version 0.9.1.90 (found it in terminal typing
> nmcli -v).
nm-tool, if present, will give you a list of Wireless Access Points ( and the
encryption used, if any)

--
Joseph J. Gunn
CTO, The Curly Cloud Corporation

"We're giving Chrome OS a run for their money"
8F56 6689 4AA0 1710 743B F504 6323 A298 D1B1 14D9