Re: UMTS Device - T Mobile Web And Walk

On Tue, 2011-05-24 at 18:28 +0200, Harald Jung wrote:
> Hi,
>

> i think i was wrong with that speculation, the problem is not in the
> modem-manager AT command stuff. But in the way network-manager gets
> its ip configuration.
>
> Networkmanager isn't able to query the ip-settigs from the hso network
> interface.

Which device is this?  Option devices don't normally use PPP so
ModemManager indicates that the configuration mode is "static" and
should be requesting the details from the modem using AT_OPxxx commands.
Those details get passed back to NetworkManager which should then be
setting them onto the hso0 netdevice just like setting static IP details
on eth0.  Can you grab some logs from /var/log/messages
or /var/log/daemon.log showing the problem?

Dan