Re: 1199:6832 Sierra Wireless, Inc. MC8780 not working with NetworkManager 0.8.3.998 / ModemManager 0.4
- From: Aleksander Morgado <aleksander lanedo com>
- To: Gerd Bavendiek <gerd bavendiek googlemail com>
- Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: 1199:6832 Sierra Wireless, Inc. MC8780 not working with NetworkManager 0.8.3.998 / ModemManager 0.4
- Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 09:10:05 +0200
> > From a cursory reading of the bug reports you cited it seems like some
> > sierra modems crash when ModemManager sends CFUN=1 to them.
> > Can you help verify if this is indeed the case with yours as well?
So it really seems that not only Wavecom modems get a whole software
restart (including USB stack) when they get AT+CFUN=1. The thing is, is
removing the power-up command a solution for *all* Sierra modems or are
there any Sierra modems that really need the power-up command? If so,
we'll probably need to disable the power-up only for specific models,
like the one reported in the bug; or the other way around, enable it
only for only some specific models.
> > I put a version of natty's modemmanager with the attached patch
> > applied in my ppa. So, the only thing you need to do to test is:
Wasn't that patch already applied to Ubuntu's MM? According to the logs
that was written by Alexander Sack long ago, and possibly applied in
Ubuntu... (comment #7?)
] [Thread Prev