1199:6832 Sierra Wireless, Inc. MC8780 not working with NetworkManager 0.8.3.998 / ModemManager 0.4

Hi,

sorry to bother you with a user problem. I have a ID 1199:6832 Sierra
Wireless, Inc. MC8780 Device. Unfortunately NetworkManager in Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic
was the last version I could use the device with. I recently checked
Ubuntu 11.04 Natty (coming with NetworkManager version
0.8.3.998). This too does not work, forcing me to stay with Karmic.

From the status of the various bugs I got the idea that no one seems
to care. Maybe only few users are affected.

All the details are here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/modemmanager/+bug/784573
or
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/modemmanager/+bug/459052
or
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/modemmanager/+bug/376361

Is there anything I can do (besides from learning to hack at
NetworkManager ...) ?

Thanks

Gerd

Gerd Bavendiek                                  Linux Users check out:
gerd bavendiek googlemail com                 http://linos.wordpress.com