Re: Connecting to weak signal wifi, wireless network authentication required message

On 03/27/2011 03:02 AM, Julian H wrote:
Hi Mathieu,

> This feature causes my wifi network connection to hold its operation
> indefinitely until human intervention is reoccurs, network access is halted
> until the user clicks connect.

This problem is not unique, there are many around the world experiencing similar problems and possibly blaming them on other things such as drivers, kernel...  My only solution at the moment is to make a X automation script to auto click the "Connect" button when this happens.  It is possibly the lamest solution but I hope it will work out.

I don't think this is a good idea. It hides potential other issues
with drivers, wpasupplicant, or whatever. I think in most cases where
you lose the connection and retry fails, it's reasonable to ask for
the password again.
A more elegant solution to this problem is for an advanced user to be able to handle the retry failure dbus event that triggers the password dialog and override the default action.  Perhaps this is already possible.