Re: connect to internet via android phone as usb-modem

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 22:53:34 -0500
Robby Workman <rw rlworkman net> wrote:

> For whatever reason, /usr/local/bin/easytether is not getting
> started, so I still have to run that manually.  I've edited
> the sample udev rule with correct attributes for my device,
> so I don't know what's going on.  No big deal - I'll mess with
> that later...

Well, I had to invoke a wrapper script:

  root@liberty:~# cat /etc/udev/rules.d/99-easytether.rules
  ACTION=="add", \
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", \
    ATTR{idVendor}=="22b8", \
    ATTR{idProduct}=="2d66", \
    RUN+="/usr/local/bin/MB300 &", \
    ENV{REMOVE_CMD}="/bin/killall easytether 2>/dev/null"

  root@liberty:~# cat /usr/local/bin/MB300
  #!/bin/sh
  /usr/local/bin/easytether connect &

The REMOVE_CMD probably isn't necessary, but I left it there anyway :)

-RW