Re: connect to internet via android phone as usb-modem

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 3:08 PM, Sergio Monteiro Basto
<sergio sergiomb no-ip org> wrote:
> Hi, I found this page :
> http://ubuntuguide.net/ubuntu-connect-to-internet-via-android-phone-as-usb-modem
>
> Have we something better ou easier with NewtworkManager , to do the same
> functions ? : "connect to internet via android phone as usb-modem"

If the version of Android you're running is recent enough, it should
be as simple as going in settings and selecting Wireless and Networks,
then Connection Sharing, and enabling connection sharing Via USB.

IIRC, this works starting with Android 2.0 (depending on the carriers
though), but I may be wrong.

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <mathieu tl gmail com>
Freenode: cyphermox, Jabber: mathieu tl gmail com
4096R/EE018C93 1967 8F7D 03A1 8F38 732E  FF82 C126 33E1 EE01 8C93