Re: ANN: Release of NetworkManager 0.8.996 (0.9.0-beta2)

Am 10.03.2011 18:00, schrieb Dan Williams:
> other VPN plugins may/may not follow depending on whether we find and
> fix bugs.  Thanks to everyone so far for their testing, lets keep at it
> til we're done.

Been testing the 0.8.996 packages. Looking quite ok so far.

Some impressions:

- Import of user settings worked fine when restarting nm-applet.

- libnm-glib api doc contains invalid xml: Object Hierarchy, API Index and
Glossary are not shown in the devhelp documentation.

"public" and "private" system connections:
 private: permissions=user:michael:; is set
 public: no permissions settings, global to all users.

- nm-connection-editor does not yet correctly distinguish between system
settings available to all users and "private" system settings available only to
the user. For all connections, the Edit button says that it needs authorization,
even if this is not true, and the "available to all users" checkbox is also set
for every connection, even the private ones.

- I can edit public system connections without authorization through policykit!!!

- nm-applet does not show the correct signal strength, see attached screenshot.
Might be a NM issue though, as nm-tool lists either Strength 1 or 2 for those
wireless networks, which is clearly wrong. (I'm using wpasupplicant 0.7.3 + the
BSS events patch)

Hope this is useful.

Cheers,
Michael