Re: location based firewall

Hi,

> to either think more about it, or jump in and start making things
> happen...  any takers?  Same sort of thing with network proxies, which
> clearly depend on the network you're connected to, which NM knows a lot
> about.  I think they're pretty much the same problem and would have very
> similar solutions.

As I mentioned, I am not a programmers, however, I can do testing nad
maybe I can bring you some ideas or think of solutions (in terms of
drawing GUI mockup and more detailed features list/description).

So just an idea for the begining... Canonical is developing ufw
firewall, which is really very much simplier than iptables (or firehol).
So what about contacting their development team and talk about option to
ufw become more NM-aware?

And proxy problem also - in Gnome I can set up system wide proxy, but it
is not working in console when trying to use wget, for instance. This
should be a setting in Network Manager and should be system wide.

Regards,

Matej