ANN: One the road to 0.9 - release of 0.8.995 (0.9.0-beta1)

I'm pleased to announce the release of the first beta of NetworkManager
0.9.  It's been a long road, starting last summer, and thanks to Daniel
Gnoutcheff for getting us started with his rocking Google Summer of Code
project.  More information about what's new is here:

http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/ApiSimplify

but the executive summary is: simpler, easier, more flexible, and cooler
applets.  Fast User Switching.  WiMAX.  System connections by default.
More flexible system administration.  Scales down to smaller devices.

Tarballs are now available in the usual places; you're looking for the
"0.8.995" version of everything:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/NetworkManager/0.8/
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/network-manager-applet/0.8/
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/network-manager-vpnc/0.8/
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/network-manager-openvpn/0.8/
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/network-manager-pptp/0.8/
(openconnect coming soon...)

And I've posted API migration guide here if you want to get a jump on
porting applications:

http://projects.gnome.org/NetworkManager/developers/migrating-to-09/

Note that you need a patch from wpa_supplicant git to work with 0.8.995,
otherwise NM won't find any access points:

b80b5639935d37b95d00f86b57f2844a9c775f57
dbus: Emit property changed events when adding/removing BSSes

Any and all testing, patches, comments, etc, greatly appreciated.  Lets
get 0.9 out soon!