Re: ModemManager: power-up/power-down fixes for Wavecom, Cinterion and Sierra modems

On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 16:35 +0200, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Some fixes related to power-up/power-down some modems are available in
> the 'power-up-check-needed' branch in the following Gitorious repo
> [1]:
>   git://gitorious.org/lanedo/modemmanager.git

These all look good.  I think in the future though we should just define
some stuff on the Modem object for generic power states that roughly
correspond to the CFUN numbers, ie [OFF, MIN, RF_OFF, FULL] and let
modems handle that as need to.  On startup we'd ask for the modem's
power state which the plugin would return as one of these enums and then
the MM core does what it needs to.  When the core wants to change power
state (ex as a result of Enable()) it'll just tell the plugin to go to
FULL and the plugin translates that to whatever it needs to do.
Thoughts?  I'm just worried about making the power state selection more
complicated with the POWER_UP_CMD properties and stuff and I think this
is actually a clearer, simpler solution which we should have done in the
first place.

But for now please push when you have time.

Dan