Re: How to Test NetworkManager 0.9

Em Wednesday 08 June 2011, David Narvaez escreveu:

> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 11:43 PM, Lamarque Vieira Souza

> <lamarque gmail com> wrote:

> > You need to install NetworkManager 0.9 and then compile the nm09 branch

> > from

> > KDE's networkmanagement repository:

> So I need them both to be able to list the wireless networks then?

Yes, Plasma NM from nm09 only talks to NM-0.9. The one in master branch only talsk to NM-0.8.

> Btw, I already did the Plasma NM installation (from the nm09),

> actually following the info I read on your blog, and I was not able to

> see available wireless networks, but I'll give it a try again and

> continue posting on Plasma NM's list then.

You said nm-tool did not show any wireless network, then NM-0.9 is not able to list wireless and so is Plasma NM. Are you sure your wireless card is working and enabled? You can test if it is enabled in NM using:

nmcli nm

rfkill list

--

Lamarque V. Souza