Save button disabled

Hi all.

I'm a newbie in this mailing list and I have two questions which I'll
post one by one.

The first question is about the save button in the connection
properties dialog: sometimes it is disabled even after I enter root
password.  It happened to me when I tried to change a wireless
connection to which I never connected (it is probably my neighbour's
network).  When NetworkManager discovered this network, it always tried
to connect to it and failed because the network is passworded.  In the
connection properties dialog I wanted to unset the "Connect
automatically" checkbox, but could not save the changes as the save
button was disabled.  The question is: why the save button is disabled
and how do I forbid NetworkManager to connect to that wireless
network?

--
Best regards,
Eugene.