Re: Please help me on my mobile broadband connection

On Sun, 2011-07-10 at 12:01 +0800, Jay Caesar Jugas wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madame:
>

> I would like to seek help from your team regarding the slow detection
> of my WM66A usb modem.
> I took more than 5 minutes to be detected on ubuntu 11.04 natty.
> My provider is SMARTBRO from Smart Telecommunications (philippines).

This is usually caused by kernel driver bugs; we'd need more information
on your specific modem.  Can you provide the following?

1) 'lsusb -v' (run that in a terminal as root) so we can figure out what
kind of modem you have and what it's hardware configuration is

2) modem-manager debug output; as root in a terminal do the following:

mv /usr/sbin/modem-manager /
killall -TERM modem-manager
modem-manager --debug

and plug your modem in, then copy that output and mail it back in a
reply.  When you've got that you can hit Control + C to stop it, and:

mv /modem-manager /usr/sbin/modem-manager

to get back to normal.